Easily soluble in water, aluminum sulfate in pure sulfuric acid can not be dissolved (but coexistence), in sulfuric acid solution and sulfuric acid dissolved in water, so the solubility of aluminum sulfate in sulfuric acid is the solubility of aluminum sulfate in water.
At room temperature precipitation containing 18 molecules of crystal water, 18 water aluminum sulfate, industrial production of more than 18 water aluminum sulfate. Containing anhydrous aluminum sulfate 51.3%, even if 100 ℃ will not autolysis (soluble in its own crystal water).
Not easy to weather and lose crystal water, relatively stable, heating will be dehydrated, high temperature will be decomposed into alumina and sulfur oxides. Heated to 770 ℃ began to break down into alumina, sulfur trioxide, sulfur dioxide and water vapor. Soluble in water, acid and alkali, insoluble in ethanol. The aqueous solution is acidic. Hydrolysis produces aluminum hydroxide. The aqueous solution can boil for a long time to produce basic aluminum sulfate. Industrial products are gray, flaky, granular or massive, with low iron salt and light green, and because of low-cost iron salt is oxidized leaving the surface yellow. The crude product is a white fine fine crystal structure. Non-toxic, dust can stimulate the eyes.
Role and use
Paper industry as rosin glue, wax emulsion and other compounds of the precipitant, water treatment as a flocculant, but also for the foam fire extinguisher, the manufacture of alum, aluminum white raw materials, oil bleaching, deodorant, some drugs Of raw materials and so on. But also the manufacture of artificial gemstones and higher ammonium alum. Arsenic content of not more than 5mg / kg of the product can be used for water treatment flocculant.
1. Paper industry used as a paper sizing agent to enhance the paper's water, impermeability;
2. Dissolved in water can make the water in the small particles and natural particles condensed into large pieces of floc, and thus removed from the water, it is used as water and wastewater coagulants;
3. Used as a turbid water purification agent, also used as a precipitant, fixing agent, filler and so on. Used in cosmetics as antiperspirant cosmetics raw materials (astringent);
4. Fire industry, with baking soda, foaming agent composed of foam fire extinguishing agent;
5. Analysis reagents, mordant, tanning agent, oil decolorizer, wood preservative;
6. Albumin pasteurization stabilizer (including liquid or frozen whole egg, protein or egg yolk);
7. Can be used as raw materials for the manufacture of artificial gemstones and higher ammonium alum, other aluminates;
8. In the fuel industry, in the production of chrome yellow and lake dye as a precipitant, while the role of fixing and filling agent.
Handling and storage
Operation Notes: closed operation, local exhaust. Operators must be specially trained to strictly observe the operating procedures. It is recommended that the operator wear a self-priming filter dust mask, wear chemical safety glasses, wear toxics, and wear rubber gloves. Avoid dust. Avoid contact with oxidant. Handling light loading and unloading, to prevent damage to the packaging. Equipped with a leak emergency treatment equipment. Empty containers may be harmful residues.
Storage Precautions: Store in a cool, ventilated warehouse. Away from fire, heat. Should be stored separately with the oxidant, avoid mixed storage. The storage area should be equipped with suitable materials to contain spills.